Thursday 19 January 2012

Pretty Peplums

I'm loving that peplum shapes are back in fashion for this season. The peplum is a very flattering and gorgeous shape, seen in the form of tops, dresses and skirts, on everyone from Emma Stone to Emma Watson. I generally find the best style on me is a dress or top and I recently bought this peplum floral top from H&M and though it is very simple, it makes a big impact. I can't wait until it is warm enough to show it off!

H&M £12.99
 Since I saw the Sex and the City movie in the cinema, I have loved the peplum dress Carrie wears to the auction. Stylist Patricia Field really is an integral part of SATC, as much as the characters themselves and this vintage dress is amazing. I also love this fabulous Jason Wu creation and Victoria Beckham's designs (see below).

Jason Wu S/S12
Sarah Jessica Parker in vintage


Blake Lively in Victoria Beckham
I used to have a striped red and white peplum skirt from Warehouse, a gem bought in the sale, I just wish I knew what I'd done with it. I'm forever losing clothes with all the different houses and flats I have lived in, in the last few years but I have seen a few more skirts (Topshop and ASOS) which I will hopefully buy soon to make up for it!