Tuesday 17 January 2012

Delights of the sales

I LOVE the sales. It's always a great chance to go crazy spending half the amount you normally would (or in my case spend the same but get twice as many treats). This year I found some great items, such as this amazing fringed suede clutch (see below), and as usual stocked up on accessories and jewellery.

Hat (H&M), Leather Clutch (Accessorize), Fringed Suede Clutch (Urban Outfitters),
Bracelet and Gold Rings (Warehouse), Skull Ring (Topshop)

One of my favourite shops, Zara, also had some fabulous pieces in the sale this year. I went there first thing on Boxing Day and found an amazing woollen Cape for £50. I ended up having to queue up for it for almost an hour, but it was worth the wait. I have worn it almost every day since and now like to call it my Sherlock Cape, just need to make sure I don't wear it with a deerstalker hat. In the queue I saw the lady behind me with a great floral dress, there was no way I was leaving that queue but luckily there were still some left in Manchester. It will be great for any time of year as I'll be able to wear it with with tights and boots in winter, or sandals in summer.
Wool Cape (Zara), Boots (UGG Australia)
Dress (Zara), Boots (UGG Australia)

I also bought an amazing midi skirt in River Island for only £15 which will be fantastic for the Spring with it's pastel colour and lightweight fabric. I've worn it out already with a simple black t-shirt and these boots, but with bare legs, and received many compliments on it. I had to freeze that night though, as going out straight from work, I only had my cape, which together with my fur stole made me look like an extra from Downton Abbey.


Top and Skirt (River Island), Boots (UGG Australia)
Adding to my expanding collection of dresses, I bought this classic lace dress from Topshop, having donated my other lace dresses to friends. Turquoise is my favourite colour so I couldn't resist (even though I had just bought another turquoise Topshop dress). Oh well. It is the sales.

Dress (Topshop), Fur Stole (H&M), Boots (UGG Australia)